Sunday, July 8, 2007

Day 33 - July 4th, Happy 231st Birthday America

We saw the parade…




4-72



“up to you hansum man”













and after the parade we went to the Museum of Natural History. The security on the 4th was extensive. Bags were being checked going anyplace into the mall …and then another check going from the mall to any building. Of course the checks consisted of a little stir with a wooden stick while chatting with a co-worker … but I guess it had some impact (like slowing down the crowds). Some of the checkpoints had metal detectors … but most didn’t. I guess someone thought that the “bad guys” would always meander through the checkpoints with metal detectors to make it more of a challenge.




I had to include a picture of my buddy Homo Erectus …since the girls keep referring to my hairy arms as an indication that I never passed level 12 and the girls keep saying they are actually one level past level 15 (Homo Sapiens) … and are standing at level 16 (which they claim is Homo Sapiens Sapiens … and they are the forerunners of this level … just because they happen to have smooth arms).



No comments: